- You cannot be asked to work more than 48 hours per week or 40 hours if you are between 16 and 17
- You cannot be asked to work more than 8 hours a day, excluding breaks if you are between 16 and 17
- You cannot be asked to work more than 5 days per week if you are between 16 and 17
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have a 30 minute break for every 4.5 hours of work
- You must have a rest period of 12 hours between each working day
- Within 2 months of starting a new job your employer must give you a written statement of employment (PDF)
For further details click here
By law, it is the responsibility of an employer to ensure that their work place is a safe place to work. Every office and factory should display Health & Safety regulations for everyone to see. If you think your work place is unsafe speak to your supervisor or manager. If this is difficult contact Connexions.